Tuesday 2 December 2014

England So Far

I can't believe that I haven't posted a single blog post since I've been in England. I'm so sorry! I'm just always busy, which I really don't mind, I prefer it that way. As I've been here I've done many things. I've had a fantastic summer with my best friends. Spent four days in a gorgeous hotel in London with them.


Gone hiking and on walks for miles and miles along the beautiful English country side. 
And I've been to my first costume party!!! Or 'fancy dress' party as they say in England. Fancy dress back in St. Lucia just means formal wear, which makes so much more sense.
St. Lucia - 1
England - 0
The party was off da hook though, shot out to my main man TOBY!!! Wooooo!

It was Retro-theme, so I wore an actual vintage florescent track suit from the 80's. Where did I get it? Urmmmm... well, it belonged to one of my parents. That's all I'm saying.


I also got to go to the Bristol Balloon Fiesta, which is an annual Hot Air Balloon festival. The idea of it sounds nice but it was a total washout. As it apparently is most years. We wait for HOURS, and not a single balloon went up. Bad wind conditions I think, then it started tipping with rain. We all ended up in a pub and have an awesome evening though so it was alright.

OH YEAH! And I've already been to my first gig!! It was to Netsky, which I really enjoyed as I've been following Netsky from the very beginning, before he went mainstream *puts hipster spectacle frames on and flicks scarf back over shoulder*. So it was really nice seeing him in concert now that he's a big-shot DJ now. 

Things haven't gone exactly as I have planned though (they never do really). I was supposed to be coming over to do my two year course, and enjoy two years of independence away from my family, but no. They obviously missed me so much that they all decided to move over too. They've all come over one by one bar my father who should be coming up soon. 

So although I have moved to a completely different country, life won't seem that much different as I'll with my family. 

So what's making me so busy then? Well that would be my college course which I started in September at the illustrious City of Bath College. 
I am absolutely loving my course here. That being the, *takes a deep breath* University of the Arts London, level 3 extended diploma (90 Credit) in Film and Television Production. I'm learning so much about film making and everything around it, I love it! I even got to dress up as an alien with all my classmates and the rest of the college for a charity event. That was awesome, still trying to get green dye out of my hair!
The actual city of Bath is AMAZING! One of the most gorgeous and historic cities in the world, and I have everything right at my fingertips! GREGG'S, McDonalds, Subway, the Nikon Store, the Sony Store, KFC, Next, M&S, Primark, GREGG'S, the Cornish Pastie shop, oh and GREGGGG'S!!! (They make the best sausage rolls in the world).

Anyway, I think I'll end this post here, but I have a very long list of topics to blog about, so stay tuned! Thanks for reading! Please sharelike and tweet it, and tell as many people about it as you can and I'll love you forever! :) Sign up to get an email subscription as to when a new article comes out, which will be next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Icons

Featured Posts